We receive many requests for gritting during the winter months. How we use gritting in our communities can differ depending on the requirements.
If your community has one of our grit bins
- we'll try to ensure this is refilled during the winter
- you will then be able to use this grit around your neighbourhood
- you might want to involve some neighbours to help grit your road so everyone can get out safely
If there is no grit bin
- your local council will be responsible for gritting the roads in your area find your local council and get in touch with them
- let your neighbourhood coach know if you feel a grit bin is needed
You can also buy your own grit at your local hardware store. You could join together with your neighbours to buy some bags and distribute between yourselves.
You can also use salt or sand to help with icy paths.